The AIT Learning and Teaching Unit was established on December 5th, 2006. The unit comes under the remit of the Registrar, Dr. Joseph Ryan. The unit is dedicated to the support and advancement of learning and teaching in the Athlone Institute of Technology. The unit will work collaboratively to continue to develop a culture that:
- Respects and supports individual differences among learners.
- Encourages the development of student centered learning environments in which diverse students can learn and excel.
- Values and rewards teaching.
- Supports staff in educational research.
- Assist with the dissemination of best practice in higher education.
- Encourages the implementation of pedagogical initiatives/innovations.
- Promotes and supports the objectives and measures outlined in the Institute Strategic Plan, which relate to excellence and innovation in Learning and Teaching.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org 09064-83051 or call us on skype