Current collaborative applications are:
CELLT: Chemistry – Enhanced Laboratory Learning & Teaching
- In collaboration with Trinity College (Lead partner), Dublin Institute of Technology, University College Dublin, and Dublin City University, this project aims to assess chemistry laboratory experiments from a learner’s perspective. A two day session will be run on 8th and 9th June 2010 where each partner performs, under observation, a set of experiments with students followed by evaluation sessions.
- Experiments will be video-recorded. A collection of learning resources will be developed based on supporting materials and the outcome of the two days including pre-labs, procedures, results and assessment.
- Interactive and multimedia resources will be developed using Articulate Studio. This project is a collaboration between academics aligned to the Chemical & Physical Science Community of Practice.
DINE: Directory of Irish Networks and Educational events for third level
Subject: all third level
- In conjunction with National University of Ireland, Maynooth (Lead partner), Dublin Institute of Technology and Trinity College.
- The project brings together 3 CoPs namely, TelCoP, EduCoP and ISCoP and we will look at ways to develop as a SMARTCoP in the future.
- This project is simply to map existing networks, events and initiatives related to learning and teaching in third level and provide a directory-like resource for the sector. The resource will be web-based with an annual printed version. This project will be dependent on funding.
Online & Interactive Events (webinars)
Education and Academic Support
- This project is hosted and lead by the Institute of Technology, Sligo with support from TCD and DIT. Weekly live interactive sessions to improve skill levels in a variety of learning and teaching subjects will be broadcast.