Limerick Institute of Technology
- Development of RLRs for APD module (Special Purpose Certificate in Technology Enhanced Teaching and Learning in Higher Education) - Liam Boyle
- LIT Centre for Expertise in Mathematics and Science Teaching and Learning in Higher Education) - Liam Boyle
- RLRs to support the introduction of technology based elements to teaching
- NDLR Institutional Coordinator: Coming soon!
- The major NDLR related activity in LIT is the pilot delivery of the Special Purpose Certificate in Technology Enhanced Teaching and Learning in Higher Education, which is an academic professional development (APD) module for teaching staff.
- A number of learning objects (flash video, MP3s, screencasts) were developed to support the delivery of this module, and participants in the module also learned how to locate and evaluate objects relevant to their own subject areas, and how to create objects using readily available tools.
- In addition, resource development has been carried out by postgraduate students within the LIT Centre for Expertise in Mathematics and Science Teaching and Learning, which has been established to research good practice in the teaching of mathematics and science. These will be uploaded to the NDLR following evaluation.
- A small technology seed fund was established for lecturing staff and three lecturers took advantage of this fund to introduce technology based elements to their teaching. LIT acquired technical resources to support the development of digital learning resources, including video cameras, web-cams, tablet PCs, Graphics Tablets, audio equipment, and software including screencasting and multimedia production (Camtasia and Articulate).
3420 page visit(s) from 23 June 2011 to 21 May 2013