The project was a collaborative initiative led by the Department of Nursing and Midwifery, University of Limerick in collaboration with National University of Ireland Galway and the Health Service Executive West.
Reusable learning resources
An online learning package was developed, on the topic of infection prevention and control, using Articulate Studio ’09 e-learning software.
Health Smart CoP
The collection can be accessed via the Health Smart Community of Practice (CoP) of the NDLR, in the Infection Prevention and Control collection.
The inter-disciplinary nature of this on-line learning package will appeal to academics of many health science disciplines or to those committed to an inter-professional approach to teaching and learning across health care programmes.
The theoretical underpinnings of this resource are international, evidence based, clinical work practices and measures, known as Standard Precautions. These practices serve to minimise, prevent and to control the transmission of infectious agents in healthcare settings and underpin the principles of infection prevention and control.
Description of resources
The online learning package can be accessed as one whole resource (takes approximately one hour to complete) or alternatively each topic can be viewed separately, with the duration of the videos ranging from 1 minute to 13 minutes.
- Eimear Burke, University Teacher, National University of Ireland Galway
- Evelyn Byrne, University Teacher, National University of Ireland Galway
- Anne Fahy, Lecturer, University of Limerick
- Kevin Johnson, Senior Technical Officer AV, University of Limerick
- Liz Kingston, Senior Clinical Skills Coordinator, University of Limerick
- Catherine McArthur, Clinical Nurse Manager, Health Service Executive West
- Mairead Moloney, Clinical Skills Coordinator, University of Limerick
- Jill Murphy, Lecturer, University of Limerick
For further information contact:
Liz Kingston, Department of Nursing and Midwifery, UL email@example.com